Sjanet Bijker lives and works in Groningen, The Netherlands.
2003-2005 DAI Public
Dutch Art Institute – Mastersprogramme (postgraduate research and practice in art in public space), The Netherlands.
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Academie Minerva, Faculty of Arts and Design, Groningen, The Netherlands.
Design LANDMARK CREATIEF STADSDEEL EBBINGEKWARTIER
, assigned by st. Creatieve Stad Groningen. Realisation in 2008
GRONINGSE NIEUWE 2006
Assignement by the Municipal Groningen for research, development and realisation of the nomadic artproject “de Bron” (the Well) in the public space of Groningen www.de-bron.eu
Openingsperformance GEMAAL SCHAPHALSTERZIJL
november 2005 . Board of Commission: Bureau Noordeloos, Waterschap Noorderzijlvest, Ballast Nedam
University of Twente: Design for an artwork in the public space on the campus in Enschede, the Netherlands. "A COURT FOR MEET AND GREET"
, nominated may 2005
STIPENDIA AND SPONSORING
Stipendium/Award “Groningse Nieuwe” municipal Groningen: for research, development and presentation of “de Bron” (the Well), a nomadic artproject in public space www.de-bron.eu
Dutch Embassy in Shanghai, Peoples’ Republic of China
Providence of Groningen for the project “Matchmaking at Suzhoucreek” Shanghai
Klaas Dijkstra Fonds and several businesses in the field of theaterequipment and soundengineering
- Member of Board of Advisory Fine Arts 2007, master-programme and bacheloreducations of the Hogeschool ArteZ, Arnhem, the Netherlands
- Programcommittee of Kunsthuis SYB, Beetsterzwaag, the Netherlands.
- Guestteacher Academie Minerva, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Workshop Symposium “Kunst&Ondernemen”, Providence of Drenthe
- Programmanager, Kunsthuis SYB, Beetsterzwaag, The Netherlands (2004-2006)
- Board member for the pilot accreditation/visitation master-degree, Sandberg Institute, NQA
(Netherlands Quality Agency),Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Media Art Festival Friesland: member of the selectioncommittee 2005